Saturday, February 1, 2014

the little things, really.

Little, edible, joyful things.  Five of them.


1. Wintertime citrus.  I inhale it.  By this point I'm at least 67.2% vitamin C.


2. I will never love anything the way I love a fried egg broken over greens.  Add some sriracha and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds and I'm telling you, you can never go back to before (ugh bye).  It looks like gloppy weird weirdness.  It tastes like love.


3. The Swedish sweets shop down the street sells this awesome mushroom shaped marshmallow candy called skumsvampar, which is obviously a terrible name but I would guess the Swedes disagree.  Wait I just google translated it to see if maybe it meant Delicious Habit-Forming Confection, which would be accurate, but it means "foam sponges."  So really.  Pretend you don't know what they're called.  But find some, if you can.


4. The simplest breakfast quinoa.  Almond milk, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, bananas. If it could speak it would say, Everything is good in this world.  Shut up and eat me.



And 5.  Latte art is polarizing, but good coffee is a time-tested unifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment