Friday, February 21, 2014

lines and spots.


J.Crew cardigan; American Apparel crop top; Topshop denim
__________________________________________________________________________

There is an oft-Pinterested Jenna Lyons quote that goes, "As far as I'm concerned, leopard is a neutral."

As far as I'm concerned, you just don't get to disagree with Jenna Lyons.  I think about this outfit of hers a lot, and then immediately afterward I think of this picture, and then honestly I'm imagining everything she's ever worn to the Met Ball.  And then I think about all of the women on this PLANET, whether they know her name or not, whose personal styles are a direct result of her J.Crew overhaul.  The lady has, in addition to 300 pairs of shoes and the office of your dreams, major brilliance and massive clout.  You probably just agree with whatever Jenna Lyons says.  You probably just nod and smile, for fear that she has cronies in incredibly tailored suits, ready, always, at her word, to egg the homes and shred the chambray of all of her dissenters.

2 comments:

  1. The twins are learning the difference between lines and stripes these days. So this is perfect. -Ev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by that I obviously meant lines and dots.

      Delete