Thursday, February 27, 2014

consistency issues.


A la Katy Heron, army pants and flip flops: I read about some lady making chia seed pudding...so I made chia seed pudding.

It was just so stupidly easy looking, and I'd never had it before and wanted to know what all the fuss was about.  Much to the confusion of my Spanish family (most of my cooking endeavors baffle them tbh), I mixed the seeds, milk, agave and vanilla together in a big tupperware last night, shoved it in the fridge behind a giant wedge of manchego, and went on my merry way.

CUT TO: this afternoon, when I retrieved it from the chilly recesses.  Pudding!  Or something.  Gloppy and strange and weird looking but so damn addictive.  Man.  I had to allot myself one little teacup so as not to consume my yearly quota of omega-3s in one sitting.  What is it?  Breakfast?  Dessert?  That thing you eat straight out of the fridge right after you do the dishes?  Is it good for you in any real way?  Its it -- as my sister noted when I texted her a picture --- actually larvae?  Jury's out, but I'm getting seconds thirds byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment