Sunday, August 18, 2013

no work done



During the warmer months of the year, when the earth decides to make all of the best tasting plants have really good hair days all together at once, I am a huge proponent of Minimal Manipulation.  When the weather is good and the produce is better, I am an advocate of Hands Off.  When things are this brightly colored and fantastically fresh, your mission is to screw them up as little as possible.

Enter: salads.  Yeah ok yawn I hear you.  But on a very white plate (this matters), with a collection of assorted attractive vegetables, barely dressed, salads can be sort of thrilling.  I said it.  Thrilling.

Lazy Summer Salad

Sweet corn
Cherry tomatos
Roasted beets --- Wrap in tin foil, 350 degree oven for one hour, fin
Arugula
Pesto --- I did basil/spinach/more arugula/lemon juice/walnut/garlic/olive oil/water/s&p


Requirement: arranging your salad like an asshole.


Though real life doesn't suck so bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment