Sunday, June 2, 2013

november.


A lot of things happened at the same time, and then I had day-after-Thanksgiving sandwiches, for dinner, in spring.

First: an amigo found a cookbook on sale at a bookstore authored by a man with his same last name.  He bought it.  Because I think that's a rule.  You have to do that when that happens.

Then: my Fruit of the Month was limes, which was weird.  They were from Brazil.  And other than with alcohol or in guacamole, I could not think of a single use for them.

Then: The Voice was on, and neither of us had anything to do, and there was this new cookbook, and we were both hungry.  Since I eat anything and he dislikes or is allergic to most things, I let him pick the recipes.  So we ended up with chicken salad and cranberry sandwiches and boston lettuce salad with lime dressing, and consumed them both en masse in front of musical reality television.


No comments:

Post a Comment