Friday, November 16, 2012

heavyhanded.


This is a song called What's Been Happening Lately.

First up are some cakey pumpkin cookies, recipe here, that were gone within a matter of hours.  I subbed in all-purpose gluten-free flour because thats how some of the people in my life roll food-wise, but you do you.

Oh MAN.  These guys were like...the tops of muffins, except crispier on the outside.  Ugh.  Before dinner, during dinner, after dinner, and then again for breakfast.  And then you'd better eat some vegetables, missy, if you know what's good for you.  That last part was for me.

(If I'd been thinking, I would have toasted some pepitas and sprinkled those on top.  When you make these -- and you will -- do as I say, not as I did.  The path to enlightenment is paved with pumpkin seeds.)


Next.  My hands.  From your left, my right: one high school class ring which I still rock, one gold Threadbare baby from Catbird, one sparkly Ganesh birthday present (I am 22 now, which is the same thing as ancient), one Bezerkely street find that looks like a mood ring, and one legitimate claddagh via my personal Irish wench amiga mejor.


And last.  These are my new shoes.  They are not online, so I cannot link them to you.  They are Topshop Office and they are so fantastic.  If you have a boy in your life who loves you, he might, without any trace of irony, call them your Cowboy Tap Shoes.  This is what happened to me.  

End of song.

No comments:

Post a Comment