Monday, November 5, 2012

boom, roasted.

These are iPhone photos because at the time my SD card was being held hostage at an undisclosed location in Skokie.  I don't want to talk about it.  It won't happen again.
I have homework to do, but I can't I just can't I just ugh I cannot.
I am eating licorice and trolling Facebook instead.
I am so backed up on blog posts.  I have so many to do.
I have only very recently emerged from the West Wing black hole which wrecked me for a seriously hefty chunk of time, namely, two weeks.

But I am going to be ok because I do not have season three nor any viable means by which to obtain season three, and as long as that is true, I am SAFE and can ACCOMPLISH some things.

First order of business: an autumnal side dish that you might just eat out of the pan and that's fine.

Roasted Sweet Potato, Apples and Pearl Onions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat a large pan to medium-high heat before adding a teaspoon or two of olive oil, and then a bunch of (thawed and patted dry) frozen pearl onions.  You could spend 157 hours peeling normal pearl onions, but I have better things to do during that time like watch CJ do The Jackal.  Cook onions for about two minutes, or until brown.

Add a bunch (this is my measurement, a "bunch") of chunks of apple and of peeled and chopped sweet potato to the pan and place pan into the oven for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.

Remove pan from oven and add a small pat of butter, salt, pepper, and a solid amount of fresh thyme, mixing to melt and coat.  At this point your house will smell really good.  Pour mixture into a bowl and devour.


No comments:

Post a Comment