Friday, June 8, 2012

dead to the world.


A coma-inducing meal with the exact right amount of spice that you're going to have to figure out on your own because I have no quantitative documentation as to how it happened, very sorry.  With All Recipes as our (loose) guide, one hungry and always-down-for-a-culinary-romp amigo and I messed around in my kitchen and created our own version of chicken tikka masala.

After I ate it for dinner, I actually passed out for 4.5 hours.  I woke up at 1:36 AM.  I had no idea where I was or what day it was but I was still SO FULL.

I don't know, man.  You should probably just make this.

Chicken Tikka Masala
adapted from All Recipes
serves 2

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter

And now, with no measurements, the spices:
cumin
cinnamon
cayenne
paprika
ginger powder
garlic salt
pepper

In a medium bowl, mix yogurt, lemon juice, tomato sauce and cream.  Procure the spices from the list and set them in a line on your counter.  Look at them for a long time, and then start shaking them randomly into your bowl.  Taste your sauce and keep seasoning until it tastes like something you want to bathe in.  When that happens, stick your chicken breasts in the bowl and let sit for a few minutes.

Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.  Add sauce and chicken to skillet, spooning sauce to cover the chicken.  Cook for five minutes, allowing to sauce to thicken big time, turning the chicken halfway through.  


Spoon the thickened sauce from the skillet into a separate bowl to use later.  Cut the chicken into chunks and allow to finish cooking in the skillet.

Plate --> heated naan --> white rice --> chicken chunks --> a lot of sauce -->  a random sprig of cilantro for color no reason. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment