Tuesday, February 14, 2012

smashed.


A boy I like was under the weather the other day, so I hightailed it to his apartment in Andersonville with a rolling suitcase full of cheese.

I just...I mean, this is the kind of life I lead.  The kind where cheese suitcases are entirely acceptable.
Encouraged, even.
He was sick.  And my first response was to pack my panini grill.
Maybe I should be embarrassed.

Please find the recipe for walnut-basil pesto below and recreate it at your earliest convenience, by which I mean NOW.  Pesto has one negative side effect and it is that you will find yourself slathering it over everything in your kitchen including but not limited to baby carrots, radishes, rice cakes, and your own face.

Of course, it is also killer when paired with crusty French bread, fresh mozzarella, grated swiss and gruyere, thick-sliced tomatoes, and crispy pancetta.


Ugh.  Plus tomato soup and beer.  UGH.  It's a recipe for recovery if I've ever known one.


Walnut-Basil Pesto
Remember this?  I'm a creature of habit.


4 packed cups of basil, 
1/4 cup olive oil 
1/3 cup shredded parmesean
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
2 cloves garlic, minced
the juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper


Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor.  Eat entire contents of blender with a spoon.  Repeat.


Oh, there will be a Valentine's Day post.  I have a Valentine's Day shirt.  It will come out for the occasion.  I just needed to start this day of love featuring the green glop that makes my world go round because frankly, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cuz I've been putting pesto on errythang out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment