Thursday, January 12, 2012

moving pictures.

by Jamie Beck, from his tumblr
Dude.  Have we discussed cinemagraphs?

Wikipedia tells me that these beauties are created by taking a series of photographs or video recording and, "using image editing software, compositing the photographs or video frames into a seamless loop of sequential frames." This is sentence I could possibly understand one day if someone went over it with me very slowly.

In the meantime, I'll just sit here, mouth agape, staring at the teapot.

I first discovered cinemagraphs on some photography blog that linked me to Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg's website, a pair of photographers who first coined the term for the moving picture art form in early 2011.  When I found out that Kelly Framel, of The Glamourai, was going to be shot by them for her Kelly Wearstler collection campaign in Malibu, I hoped and hoped that some cinemagraphs would come out of the extravaganza.

And DEAR LORD, I was right.

Are you joking me right now?!

Will someone please figure out what that sentence up there means and make a cinemagraph of ME?

from Beck & Burg's website
There are a lot of things to click in this post.  Clear your evening.  Click them all.

1 comment:

  1. bar stuzzichini is in my neighborhood! they renamed it stuzzi! that is my street, crazy!

    ReplyDelete