Sunday, December 18, 2011

small statured bread.


So I'm going on a diet.  Just until Christmas.  I know I don't NEED to diet, I just think I'd be happier if I did.  I'm going to focus on what I'm eating, and only put the best possible things into my body.  Which means that on Christmas I can eat whatever I want, but until then

I'm only eating cookies.

Cookie-only diet.

All cookies all the time.

Its the best diet ever.  Why has no one talked to me about this diet before?  Did I invent this diet?  I AM BRILLIANT.  This is the greatest thing I've ever done.


Shortbread Cookies
from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Parties!

3/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer, then add the vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough starts to come together (clumping around in your mixer like a monster).

Everyone say hi to my mom.  Hi mom.
Dump the dough onto a floured surface and mold into a disk.  Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/2 inch thick.  Use whatever cookie cutter ya want!  We did the typical little wavy circle thing.  But maybe you want Yoda shortbread.  Knock yourself out.


Bake for 20 minutes, and allow to cool on a wire rack before frosting.  A simple powdered sugar/water glaze and some colored sugar sprinkles are pretty and festive and good tasting.


Listen don't tell anybody but I'm about to break my diet so I can make a huge pot of yellow curry.  Cookie and curry diet.  I don't know.  Is that catchy?  Does it matter?  That's what's happening.   Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment