Friday, November 25, 2011

potato sack thanks.

BCBG sweater dress; Hue tights; charm necklace (vintage, Tiffany & Co.); Zara shoes
After a black-and-white-thift-store-silk-dress-neon-yellow-stain debacle (HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!? Someone tell me how this happened), I was left sitting in my bedroom at home with literally nothing to wear for Thanksgiving.  I had only brought one outfit home per day, and the patterned silk dress had been my planned Turkey Day attire.  So I did what I always do in these moments of need -- turn to my mother('s closet) -- and was met with THIS glorious double sweater thing.

My mom has a number of articles of clothing in her closet with the tags still on them.  She says, "The sleeves are too long."  This is the magical phrase that means, "Kendra, you can have this if you want."  And so it was with this dress fraught with illusion layering.  Its really just one piece, and has this awesome baggy/structured thing going on.  My sister told me I looked like a second grade teacher.  I was into it.


See?  Cool layered fake buttons.


The kitteniest kitten heels EVER.  So teeny.  So green.  Great.


These were the shoes my sister wore.  She's cooler than me, isn't she?  Don't answer that.

I hope you had a Thanksgiving full of family and friends and love and laughter and too many carbohydrates.  Also maybe there was a little hint of Christmas in there too?  We made peppermint bark. No regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment