Saturday, September 3, 2011

big day.

Guess tank; American Eagle shorts; Vans flats
I spent this lovely Saturday traipsing around Chicago: amassing fish costumes (normal), spilling a bag of cashews down my shirt (tragic), getting spontaneously rained on on Michigan Avenue (super) and purchasing a very big, very Barbara-Streisand-as-Fanny-Brice fur coat for $20.  I knew I'd be taking a lot of public transportation while carrying many heavy bags, so I kept my outfit fuss-less and easy.


So soon.  So so soon.  Be patient.


Gold jewelry that used to be my mom's.  The best everyday bracelet.

China Glaze in Pool Party; OPI in Do You Lilac It?; Essie in Turquoise & Caicos; OPI in Give Me Moor!
OH I ALSO WENT TO LYNAMY NAILS.  Ugh.  Amazing.  A beauty supply store off the Argyle Red Line stop, Lynamy is a hole in the wall smashed between the nine million nail salons and pho restaurants that make up that part of Chicago.  It is four aisles long and JAM PACKED with OPI, Essie, China Glaze and CND nail polishes at STUPID LOW prices.  Like half their normal cost.  I spent $11 for these four bottles, an amount which usually would barely cover one.  It took a long time to narrow down my choices, but walking away with two pretty pastels, one blinding pink and one deepdeep purple felt right.


Yesss.


I also got this cool Orly stripe-brush polish to make me an "Instant Artist."


You know, the kind that draws lopsided grids with lines that vary in thickness.
So maybe its false advertising.
I'm working on it, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment